Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ways iTunes University Might Be Helpful To Me As A Teacher

iTunesU homepage
iTunes University holds actual lectures and information from real colleges and universities. Actual lectures and lessons can be found and downloaded for convenient learning by anyone and for free. Any subject matter is available and future podcasts can be ordered with subscription. Link to iTunesU introduction.
At iTunesU, follow the link or path to DePaul university, Modern Languages, Basic Spanish, to lessons for learning Spanish. These podcasts could be very valuable to me if a child enters my class who speaks Spanish and very little English.
Teacher resources are also available at iTunesU. I have thought that I would love to add American Sign Language to the curriculum in my classroom. I found great ideas and resources at Florida Department of Education, Foreign Languages - Foreign Lesson Profiles. Tips for using cameras as teaching tools in the classroom can be found following iTunesU, Teaching and Education, Northeast Able Resource Center.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. i think that ITunesU is a great resource of endless information to assist you in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Translation also helped by new feature in Google docs!

    ReplyDelete