Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thoughts on "At the Teacher's Desk"

picture of a basket of apples
Okay... I have to stop reading and actually write something about this wealth of information. At the Teacher's Desk is a collaborative blog of teachers of all grades, subjects, and even all parts of the world. There is demonstration and discussion on everything from how to copy and paste in a document to whether or not a teacher is better if he/she is also a parent. I learned about "Notebooking" and the many advantages of it and so much more...
The blog itself is easy to browse. The only problem is time. I tend to get lost following one post after another while learning all the time. I was already a follower of this blog. But now I realize that I should look into the blogs of the contributors....there is so much to be learned from their experiences and previous conversations.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I get lost in it sometimes, and time is not something I can waste.However, I have enjoyed being a follower of this blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can go on and on. What is important is to participate in a similar set of activities when you are a teacher. Reflecting on your practice is key to being a better teacher. And reflecting with others helps you grow. That is what a PLN is for!

    ReplyDelete