Friday, September 11, 2009

Thoughts on "It's not about the Technology" by Kelly Hines

I really enjoyed Ms. Hines' article. I agree that technology for the sake of just using some type of technology might not be most effective. When technology is used as a tool for teaching or as motivation, it's much more valuable.
I agree with Ms. Hines that, "Technology is useless without good teaching". I believe it takes a good teacher to effectively use technology as a tool and not just something else to do in the classroom. I hope to be an effective teacher. I plan to use technology as a tool to help my students advance, comprehend, create, and succeed. Through this class, the assignments given, and the links I follow in them, I am finding many resources for ways to teach creatively. I enjoyed the comments made and the links given. I followed a few and found much more information with which I agreed.

2 comments:

  1. That's great. I agree that a good teacher can use technology effectively. A bad teacher will use it as a crutch, or a substitute for videos so she/he doesn't have to work. But a good teacher who lacks the ability to use technology effectively is not as good as she/he could be using technology. At least that's how I see it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to reflect on my post. I think your ideas about effectively using technology are spot on.

    ReplyDelete