Friday, September 11, 2009

Thoughts on "A Vision of Students Today"

college classroom
I graduated from high school twenty years ago. My life has involved being wife and mother for the past seventeen and half years. Windows 95 was coming out when I left my job as a secretary to stay at home with our children. I didn't have a cell phone till about the middle of 2001. I learned and did fairly well in what is now considered the old fashioned schools.
Students today are growing up with all these technologies before them and they expect information to be presented this way and, in fact, they react and absorb it better. I believe that some children may benefit a great deal from having most information presented in a moving and interactive format. Does this mean that everything about our educational system needs to be restructured? I am at a loss for what should be done about all the issues presented in this video.

1 comment:

  1. But you didn't attend college classes with 300+ students in them with a lecturer in front of the class and a computer graded exam to judge your competence ad abilities. In most big universities that is how education is delivered. The epitome of the burpback approach.

    But if you had been in some colleges at the time you graduated from high school you would have found similar classes. I even had a few like that back in the dark ages when I was in college. Fortunately, most of my classes were not like that.

    ReplyDelete